Newspapers are one of the main resources available in LexisNexis Academic, which can be searched by:
1. Under guided search, make sure News is selected, type in your topic, select a date range, and click the Search button
2. Review your results
Since newspaper and magazine articles are included in many databases, you might consider searching all EBSCOhost databases at once using the following approach:
1. After opening a new search in Academic Search Premier, click the "Choose Databases" link
2. Click the select/deselect all check box and click OK
3. Enter the search terms for your historical issue or event
4. Use the Source Types limiter to narrow your search to magazines and newspapers. You might also consider limiting the search by date (to around the time of the event).
You can find a few popular magazines on the third of library that might cover your historical event, including:
|Magazine Title||Call Number||Date Range|
|Newsweek||051 N47||1941-1970, 1989|
|US News & World Report||051 Us1||1950-2010|
While there are more efficient ways to search for your topic within these publications (that would require much more explanation), you might consider browsing the issues released around the time of your event.