1. From the top bar, select: Industry Research
2. Slide down and select: US Industry Reports (NAICS)
3. Scroll down until you find your specific industry codes.
For example, 72 - Accommodation and Food Services
(If you don't know the NAICS number of your industry, use the SEARCH IBISWorld search box in the top right of the screen)
4. Use the column on the left to filter for specific industry information.
5. Under About, slide to the right to find an analysis of that industrie's Covid Impact Update.
Consult the library's databases which feature information on industries.
1. Track down "who cares?" about the industry.
Are there industry associations? (Google industry name + association + site:.org to find them. Example: restaurant association site:.org)
See the subject guide: Industry Associations to find names of associations
Are their government regulators? (For restaurants, think of the local Public Health agency or the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). You can Google industry name + government regulators to find some quickly.)
Once you find these organizations, look on their websites for sections called News, Reports, Resources, Education, etc. Some of these resources will only be available to members of the trade/industry association, but many will be available for free.
2. Do some advanced Google searching. Examples:
restaurant association covid-19 site:.org
This search returns news and reports from a variety of national and local restaurant associations on COVID-19.
"food service" covid-19 filetype:pdf site:.gov
This search returns results for PDFs on US government websites related to the phrase 'food service' and COVID-19.