Skip to Main Content
Baker University logo

Company Information

Resources that will help you uncover how all kinds of companies function, whether they are public, private, or not-for-profit.

Where can I find R&D Expenses?

R&D expenditures are reported in 10-K filings that are submitted to the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission.

You can obtain SEC Filings from the following sources:

1. From the Guided Search area, [What are you interested in?]. highlight Company Info.
2. In the next box, [Search in all Company Information for:], type your company. For example, Home Depot.
3. In the next box,  [..and show me], use the down arrow and highlight: SEC filings.

4. In the Results page, use the Timeline filter in the left column to limit the time frame.

Tracking R&D expenses over time