Use this as an example for finding articles about government regulations in a specific industry.
There are two different ways to find articles about "Health Food Supplements" and government regulations.
Use the thesaurus in the business databases as demonstrated in the previous box.
Consider looking up terms such as health food supplements to find the official subject headings.
You will find official terms like, "functional foods & neutracentricals" or "natural & organic food".
Even if you add "government regulations", you'll get more than 85,000 hits. After perusing a few of the top articles you'll come across specific government departments that monitor that industry. You can add terms like the "Food and Drug Administration" and the "Federal Trade Commission" and "Consumer Product Safety".
Try combining the terms until you find the articles that most directly apply to your topic.
Go directly to the business databases and start searching, using key words.
1. In ABI/Inform, try health food supplements and government regulations. You'll get more than 100,000 results.
2. Scroll through the first few titles.
3. When you see one that looks interesting, select the title link.
4. You'll find the full text of the article, and scrolling to the right, you'll see a long list of official subject headings that were assigned to that article.
5. When you've collected a few subject headings, return to your search, using the official subject headings. Don't forget you always need to be searching in the Advanced Search form, NOT the Basic Search form.
6. Be sure to change the field designation to: Subject heading