A source of current industry trends are trade publications such as industry magazines and newspapers, which are essential for developing a good industry analysis. Some trade journals publish what are known as “special issues”. These issues focus on a particular topic such as salary surveys, reviews and forecasts, lists of the top 100 of a category, etc. They traditionally appear during the same month every year and are often retained by subscribers for future reference.
1. From the Guided Search area, [What are you interested in?]. highlight News.
2. In the next box, [Search in all News for:], type your industry For example, toy industry
3. In the next box, [..Choose date range], use the down arrow and highlight: One year. (or whatever time period you need)
4. In the results page, use the column on the left to Narrow your results further.
5. Under Timeline, drag the arrow to the right until the chart displays the time frame you need.
6. Under Publication Type, select: Industry Trade Press.
8. Continue using other segments to narrow further.