Identify trade associations
1. Start from the Advanced Search screen.
2. Scroll down to: by content type and select: Associations. Leave the search boxes empty and select: Search.
3. Slide to the right. Under Filter Your Results, select Publication Title, and then the encyclopedia of associations your need. Most of the time, you'll be using the second one, Encyclopedia of Associations: National Organizations of the U.S. Select: Apply.
4. Slide to the right again. Under Filter Your Results, select: Search Within, then your industry. For example, Airlines. Select : Submit.
5. Under Associations, you'll see the first few listings. In order to see the entire list, select: Associations.
Embedded within this database, you'll find First Research.
Provides industry profiles covering over 1000 industry segments.
Follow these steps to access:
1. From the Advanced Search screen, slide to the top left and select the 3-bar menu.
2. Select: Browse
3. Under Industry and Market Research, select: First Research
3. Scroll down to find your industry.
4.Select: View Documents
5. Select a .PDF document that looks interesting. Scroll to the end and find a segment titled: Industry Websites. You'll find a list of associations that monitor your industry.